Consumerism/Materialism and Environmental Communication

This week we are talking about consumerism/materialism and environmental communication. At first glance I had to admit that this topic peaked my interest. I enjoy fashion and to some extent am a fairly 'material girl' but after sifting through some of the articles this week by wonderful authors such as Good, Huang, Lasser & Salvador my thoughts slightly have been altered.

Tim Kasser's article, The High Price of Materialism speaks to how consumerism and materialism affects our everyday happiness and psychological health. This article, (when I was reading it through) all I could think of was certain situations where I could do nothing more than relate.

I came across this picture and all I could do was grin, knowing how terribly related I felt towards this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment